Wednesday 4 November 2015

New volunteer


Today I would like to introduce to you the newest member of the ACN Scotland team, meet Catherine McSeveney– our new Office Volunteer:




Catherine, tell us a bit about yourself…

When asked by Michael to speak about myself I am for once at a loss for words, “not like her”, some would say. Well here goes, I am 67 years of age and married to Jimmy. We have 5 children and nine grandchildren. I am retired; I have been a member of the nursing profession for most of my working life and was a senior theatre nurse in St Johns Hospital when I retired almost 8 years ago.

My husband and I have lived in Turkey a good deal of the time since we retired and enjoyed our time there. I now enjoy being back home with my friends and my family. I enjoy walking, gardening, reading and music.

What role do you play at ACN Scotland?

I play a very very small role, some days I feel more of a hindrance than a help, but I am getting there with a little help from my friends.

At the moment I mainly enter donations sent to ACN Scotland on to the system, send out thank you letters, and carry out any other admin jobs I can do for Lorraine and Michael.

Why do you think people should support the work of ACN?

I think we should support the work of ACN because here in the UK most of us are very lucky, in that we have freedom to live and worship as we see fit. We see and hear of the terrible plight of these people in the world today, but I don’t think we fully understand what they are suffering and what it is really like.  We as Christians should try to remember the words of Jesus: “If you give to these the least of my brethren, you give to me..." and so we should where possible give of our prayers, time and aid.

Do you have a message for the persecuted Church?

I will pray for you all, and help you in any way I can. Trust in God and his Mercy, and please pray for me. Catherine.


No comments:

Post a Comment